Saturday, June 28, 2008

Home

We are back from vacation, and it is so nice to be home. I know we went away to get away from life and to relax, but I think I always relax a little more when I get home. We went to Eureka Springs, a place I said I would never go because it always seemed like older people went there to get married a second time or young people for quick weddings that seemed a little distasteful. However, we only had three days notice before we went after Dustin finally found out he wouldn't have drill (I think he was stalling for effect), so our options were somewhat limited.

We went to the Ozarks and got massages and ate fudge and lots of good food and walked around, The bed and breakfast we stayed at also had full cable (we don't), so we were somewhat enamored with the television. I guess it doesn't take much for us to have fun. We did laugh a lot, and we had a great time with each other without having anything else to do. Dustin also insisted that we take one of those old-timey western photos. I think I have Brian and Kim to thank for this sudden inspiration. Unfortunately, the photo place didn't have any smaller dresses that were tasteful. Do all small women have to be trashy??? Also, I look like death because I had massage oil all in my hair and didn't even have mascara on, so I don't look the greatest. I have hope no one might see the picture, but somehow I know it may appear here or on Dustin's facebook account.

Overall though, the massage, the fudge, and the time with Dustin (not in any particular order) made it all worth it!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am glad we could be an inspiration on your trip. Good thing about "sepia" in old time photos - it masks much!

We miss you guys - we need to get together soon.

ChandraJoy said...

TAG YOUR IT!!

http://hurlbutfamilyhappenings.blogspot.com/2008/07/i-have-been-tagged.html

Love ya!

Kimberly said...

Hey - are you all still here? my blogger check says it has been over 3 months since your last update!!! We miss you guys...We listened to play by play of OSU football on the internet last night - it brought back good times with the smell fall in the air.

Kimberly said...

Are you guys going for a year without posting? It could be a record. This is blog smack talk, but you won't notice any time soon. Looking forward to seeing you!