Sunday, June 22, 2008

Takeover

Okay, because Dustin obviously never writes on this blog and everyone else seems to have a blog (that I secretly read obsessively), I have decided to take over the one he has already established. Besides, I have time this week because I am on vacation. It's the first one I remember taking in quite some time. Later this week we are going to stay at a bed and breakfast for a few days to truly get away from it all, but for the next few days I need to decide which home projects I would most like to get accomplished. I have some sad furniture I have collected from various garage sales and flea markets because I like the shape, but it is in sad need of paint. I also need to clean out our flower bed.

Dustin is now officially a chaplain in the Oklahoma National Guard. Four guys came and did his swearing-in ceremony in our living room. Apparently I was supposed to attend the scheduled ceremony that was set for the day before, but I missed that part in our conversation. Fortunately, they were very understanding.

I guess the only other really new thing for us is that we are in some ways adopting the "green culture". We started our own recycling bins a few months ago. I know it's not really dramatic or anything, but it is a big step because Stillwater doesn't have curbside recycling. We are also the soon-to-be owners of a Honda civic hybrid. Because Dustin has accepted a position as the recruiter for the graduate Bible program at Oklahoma Christian, he will be traveling a lot. We thought this would be an appropriate step, so we have put down our deposit and are searching for a good interest rate loan for when the car actually comes in sometime in mid-July. Yes, Dustin will likely look like he's getting out of a clown car, but I 'm not certain he's had a vehicle in the nearly nine years I've known him that didn't fit that bill.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am glad you have taken over if it means more up to date info about you guys. We need to get together...email me at kafishe@gmail.com to get in touch...Take care! - Kim

ChandraJoy said...

YAY!!! I might actually get to find out stuff other than reading the notes he leaves on people's facebook wall! I'm glad you are taking the whole week off, you deserve it!

Lea said...

I agree...Yay!! Glad you are taking over so we will hear what's going on with you guys sometimes:).